Collecting and Examining Life (Life Science)
From collecting animal tracks to dissecting flowers, children deepen their understanding of what makes something alive, and of the similarities and differences among living things.
Explore Teacher Resources
A full module includes a Teacher Print Package, student books for 30, and a classroom ExploraGear® kit. (Supplemental Classroom Supplies and Spanish science notebooks are also available.)
Teacher Print Package
Includes the following; click to download a sample.
- Collecting and Examining Life Teacher Lesson Manual
- Science Notebook Teacher Guide
- Collecting and Examining Life Assessment Book
- Collecting and Examining Life Teacher Masters
- Visual Pack
- Peterson First Guide to Insects of North America [trade book]
- Lesson 0
- “I Wonder” Circle poster
- What is a Scientist? [trade book]
Click to download a sample.
My Science Notebook
Students record their Collecting and Examining Life explorations, data, and conclusions here.
These unit-specific kits contain hard to find equipment that the students use over and over during lesson explorations. They also contain some consumable materials for student experiments and data collection activities. Kits are designed to facilitate both individual and small group work by students and to allow for hands-on activities.
Materials for hands-on exploration for 30 students
- View a list of contents for the Collecting and Examining Life ExploraGear®
- Download Exploragear Replacement Parts Re-Order Form
Also available (not in module packages)
Supplemental Classroom Supplies
These kits are meant to enrich the existing ExploraGears® by providing teachers with additional classroom supplies. These give teachers the option of spending less prep time gathering common materials.
Additional, more common materials for 30 students
- View a list of contents for the Collecting and Examining Life Supplemental Classroom Supplies.
- Download an order form for replacement parts.
Spanish Science Notebooks
Spanish Student Science Notebooks are available in pdf or print. To inquire, write to email@example.com.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: (888) 352-0660
Fax us at: (312) 277-9007